- Official Statistics of Armenia was formed by the decision of Council of People’s Comissars of Soviet Socialist Republic of Armenia (SSRA), just after the establishment of soviet power on October 5, 1921.
- The first statistical institution was called Statistical Department of Soviet Socialist Republic of Armenia, which started its main activity from January 7, 1922.
- The Central Statistical Department under the Council of People’s Comissars of Soviet Soviet Union was founded on July 17, 1923 by the decision of Council of People’s Comissars of Soviet Union.
- The first population census was conducted in 1926, which covered the whole territory of the republic. It was implemented according to scientific methods developed by Russian notable statisticians V. Mikhayelovski and O. A. Kvitkin which became a basis for conducting the next population censuses.
- In May, 1931 the Council of People’s Comissars of Soviet Union made a decision on organizing accounting and statistical work, due to which the centralized management and organization of methodology of people’s economy accounting was put on the statistical system. The latter was reorganized into Department of People’s Economy Accounting, and the regional departments being subordinated to it, in their turn, managed the regional inspectors’ work.